Celebrate your birthday with the Missoula Butterfly House & Insectarium!
Do you have a young bug enthusiast celebrating a birthday soon? Maybe a bug enthusiast who is just young-at-heart? Then their birthday party won’t be complete without a visit from the Missoula Butterfly House and Insectarium and our friendly bug ambassadors!
Cost: $120 for up to 15 kids
Length of Party: 45 – 60 minutes
- One-on-one time with our friendly bug ambassadors
- Predator feeding demonstration
- Theme-related activities facilitated by the birthday coordinator
- Travel to/from the birthday location within a 20 mile radius of Missoula (further travel is charged according to the standard state reimbursement rate) (Please see current COVID-19 restrictions below)
Tap into your inner artist when we combine art and arthropods for this birthday celebration! We will start by holding our friendly bug ambassadors and making observations about them; color, number of legs, do they have wings, etc. Then, we will dive into crafting and creating our own bugs based on our observations. We will cap of the program with an exciting predator feeding demonstration! This party option can be tailored to any age group.
Scorpions, Centipedes, Spiders, oh my! If your young entomologist has a love of the creepiest of crawlies then this birthday is perfect! We’ll start by holding some of our friendly bug ambassadors before we observe some of our more fierce predators (eyes only!). This program includes a discussion of how our predators use different mechanisms to capture their prey and multiple demonstrations of those mechanisms in action! Guests will also get to test their knowledge of our 8-legged friends during Spider Trivia! This party is another great option for any age group.
Camouflage and Animal Weapons
Does your birthday kid have a knack for science and observation? During this birthday celebration, we will be exploring some of the same questions that professional scientists are asking about the bug world! What influences the length of a rhinoceros beetle horn? What is “crypsis” and how do insects use it? We will begin by holding and observing some of the same animals scientists use to study these questions, and then we’ll move into a creative craft utilizing the knowledge we gain! The party will conclude with a predator feeding demonstration. This party is a great option for older kids who have an interest in science and natural history!
Payment and Cancellation Policy
We require parents to pay for the base cost of the birthday program ($120) to solidify their reservation. This payment is fully refundable if the party is cancelled at least 2 weeks prior to scheduled date. If the party is cancelled less than 2 weeks before the party date your payment will be refunded minus a $50 cancellation fee. A link to pay for the party will be sent once a date and time are set for your party. Fees for any additional party add-ons will be assessed on the day of the party.
As of February 2021, the following requirements & restrictions are in place for birthday parties:
- Parties cannot be held in individual’s homes, only at neutral locations where disinfecting and deep-cleaning are guaranteed and frequent (please contact email@example.com for further information on where parties may be held in-person).
- Masks must be worn by all individuals over the age of 5 at all times.
- Travel is currently restricted to Missoula city limits.
- Please plan for extended party times, as hand-washing and sanitizing will be required in-between party activities and may result in programs running over the 1-hour time limit.
If you have any further questions please contact our bug birthday coordinator, Brenna Shea, at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or fill out our birthday inquiry form below.