Throw a virtual party with the Missoula Butterfly House & Insectarium!
Missing being able to get together with friends and family and looking for something new, fun, and fresh to try out over Zoom? Why not host a virtual Custom Bug Encounter? During your custom program you’ll get to meet your choice of available Bug Ambassadors, play a little trivia, watch a live predator feeding and ask all of your bug related questions! These programs are private, just for the attendees you invite, and largely customizable.
Cost: $55 for up to 20 devices
Length of Encounter: Up to one hour
- One-on-one time with several bug ambassadors of your choice
- Predator feeding demonstration
- Complete technical support to ensure a stress and hassle-free experience
Not sure exactly what Bug Ambassadors you want to feature during your event? No need to worry, we’ll let you know what cool bugs we have in the lab and help you narrow it down or decide on a theme. Is your group really into spiders or praying mantises? We’ve got you covered. Wild about predators? That’s an easy one! Let us help you plan the perfect party.
Theme Examples Include:
- Creative Creatures: Explore the incredible camouflage and mimicry capabilities of some of our Bug Ambassadors.
- Predator Party: Learn about the varied predatory capabilities of a wide range of arthropods. Spiders aren’t the only predatory Bug Ambassadors at MBHI!
- Beetlemania: Beetles are the most diverse group of animals in the world! In fact, 1 out of every 4 animals on this planet is a beetle! Check out a few examples of this incredible group of insects including both US and exotic species.
Payment and Cancellation Policy
We require the event coordinator pay for the cost of the custom bug encounter ($55) to solidify their reservation. This payment is fully refundable if the program is cancelled at least 1 week prior to the scheduled date. If the party is cancelled less than 1 week before the party date your payment will be refunded minus a $20 cancellation fee. A link to pay for the party will be sent once a date and time are set for your party.
If you have any further questions don’t hesitate to reach out to our Custom Bug Encounter coordinator, Briana Wentworth, at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. To get started, fill out the inquiry form below.